Published on February 17th, 2013 | by Tonberry King
Corsair CX600 Power Supply
Looking for the best gaming power supply? Corsair has a stellar reputation as one of the best PSU manufacturers around and the Corsair CX600 is a very strong contender in the 600w, sub $100 power supply category. Before pulling the trigger on the best suitable power supply for your setup, it is important to take a couple of things into consideration.
- Enough watts. Calculate the total number of watts all of your components take up and purchase a power supply that is at least 100w more (this will give you room to upgrade your components or overclock your current components). Are all your components under 500w? If so this may be the best choice for your gaming rig. If you need more power, check out the Corsair CX750 with 750w.
- Enough amperage. This is pretty important and is often over looked. The +12v rail (this card a +12v rail, see features below) is very important because most newer graphics cards require a minimum of 25A on a single rail.
Corsair CX600 Features:
- Ultra-quiet 120mm fan for excellent airflow
- Dynamic varying fan speed in response to temperature
- 80Plus Bronze certified which delivers 80% efficiency or higher
- 0.99 Active Power Factor Correction will provide clean and reliable power to all your gaming components
- Universal AC input (90~264V)
- A dedicated powerful +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with modern components
- See warranty info
Summary: Amazing 80 Plus Bronze power savings, very quiet, great if you're running high end components.